Overview & Description
This challenge is a combination of manipulating data stored on a Mifare card and exploiting the binary of a game.
We will have some set up environments that work as emulators for the game: you go with the card, scan it on the reader and the game with be display on a screen.
So, we want you to hack into the game and to show us that you can “WIN” the game.
This competition is proudly sponsored by Intralinks.
Goal of the Competition
The goal of the challenge is to trigger the game in such a way that it will display the message “WIN” on the screen.
Rules of Engagement
- Every attendant who takes part in the competition will receive a card
- All the cards have to be return to the organizers at the end
- The information stored on the card can be read and modified, but it’s not allowed to attack our devices
- Be original, but also don’t “inspire” other participants
- Use tools and scripts of your liking
- The prizes will be awarded in the order of solving the challenge (first come, first served); every participant has to present a writeup of the solution to prove its authenticity
- Disrespecting any of these rules as well as any offensive action taken against any other participants will result in immediate disqualification;
- This contest is individual
- Anatol Prisacaru
- Marius Petcu
- Kudos for kick off & idea: Florina Barbu