Great to have you here!
As a community, we encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration, which is why we have an always-open Call for Papers.
We encourage all application security practitioners or security researchers to contribute to the DefCamp community by writing articles for the blog and show their work to the world or attending the conference and showcase the research on stage.
What are the benefits for speakers?
- access to one of the largest cyber security communities from CEE
- exposure for your security research
- travel expenses covered by us if you choose to speak on-premise
- VIP treatment (including free access for one of your friends or family)
Technical presentations are very appreciated
We encourage you to apply with your findings and research! Check out the topics of interest below and if you still have second thoughts on the subject, drop us a line.
Topics of Interest
Please note that the following list is not exhaustive. We love innovation but we can’t keep up with it on this page!
/ Web Application Security – from language to frameworks and exploits.
/ Hardware – application bypass, hardware hacking basics, and defeating “secure” hardware.
/ Physical Security – badging applications, lock picking, physical access control, physical lock forensics and long-range key duplication involving software.
/ Forensics – application, physical memory forensics, solid-state disk forensics and network forensics.
/ Critical Infrastructure Security – SCADA, routing, satellite, Cloud and GSM, automotive.
/ Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile research
/ Reverse Engineering Malware and Malware Analysis
/ Rootkit Detection, Techniques, and Defenses
/ Exploitation Tactics
/ Cloud Security / Assessing Cloud Security
/ Legal Issues around EULA and related topics (eg. NIS directive, GDPR, EU and international regulations etc)
/ Industry Panels
/ Critical Infrastructure Security
/ Applications of Cryptographic Techniques
/ Next Generation Exploit and Exploit Mitigation Techniques
/ NFC, WLAN, GPS, HAM Radio, Satellite, RFID and Bluetooth Security
/ Articles on specific topics related to:
- Security trends and patterns the researcher noticed and supports through strong arguments
- New and relevant infosec statistics and infographics
- Best practices and methodologies in cybersecurity and how they’re evolving to adapt to the new environment we operate in.
What changes, given the COVID-19 situation?
DefCamp 2021 is a hybrid event. We started organizing the event considering having people fully remote, but also people who can join us on-site, in Bucharest.
We are strong believers in having offsite meetings, where people can meet to network, create opportunities and have new friends for life.
Below you can find the specifics:
- we will start with at least one track on-site and one track exclusively online
- if the COVID-19 situation forces us to organize fully-remote, we will upgrade the on-premise track to be fully-online
- people can join us by default online or on-site, if the COVID-19 situation forces us to organize fully remote we will do that
- all the presentations must have a pre-recorded session, just to be sure that we are not surprised by the health authorities
- DefCamp is organized in Romania, Europe. We recommend you to stay in contact with us at all time and follow the official news:
- Please note that most countries are more permissive to people having recognized vaccines, including Romania. We might be forced to accept only attendees who are vaccinated.