Great to have you here!
First we are a community built in many years and as a community, we encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration.
We encourage all application security practitioners or security researchers to contribute to the DefCamp community by writing articles for the blog and show their work to the world or attending the conference and showcase the research on stage.
What are the benefits for speakers?
- access to one of the largest cyber security communities from CEE
- exposure for your security research
- travel expenses covered by us
- VIP treatment (including free access for one of your friends or family)
Our Call for Papers has three main rounds, however we select speakers bast on FIFO (first-in-first-out) rule, meaning that you have more chances of being accepted now than later.
- Deadline #1 of submissions: August 15th
- Deadline #2 of submissions: September 30th
- Deadline #3 of submissions: October 30th
What we are looking for?
As long as it is fascinating for the DefCamp community, we place a high emphasis on both unique content that has never been seen before as well as tried and tested content. In addition, we are excited to provide content that is at both the beginner and the advanced level. It’s possible that DefCamp has had introductory speeches before, but they’re still quite helpful for people who are just starting out. At DefCamp, not only will you widen your knowledge, but you will also deepen it.
Each entry will be evaluated based on the quality of its material as well as how well it fits within the program. We will adopt a procedure known as double blinding to eliminate any possibility of prejudice based on the writers’ color, gender, or any other characteristic. However, the event organizers reserve the right to make adjustments to the program for the event or to dismiss any proposal if they believe it would be inappropriate for the conference.
Technical presentations are very appreciated
We encourage you to apply with your findings and research! Check out the topics of interest below and if you still have second thoughts on the subject, drop us a line.
Topics of Interest
Please note that the following list is not exhaustive. We love innovation but we can’t keep up with it on this page!
/ Web Application Security – from language to frameworks and exploits.
/ Hardware – application bypass, hardware hacking basics, and defeating “secure” hardware.
/ Physical Security – badging applications, lock picking, physical access control, physical lock forensics and long-range key duplication involving software.
/ Forensics – application, physical memory forensics, solid-state disk forensics and network forensics.
/ Critical Infrastructure Security – SCADA, routing, satellite, Cloud and GSM, automotive.
/ Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile research
/ Reverse Engineering Malware and Malware Analysis
/ Rootkit Detection, Techniques, and Defenses
/ Exploitation Tactics
/ Cloud Security / Assessing Cloud Security
/ Legal Issues around EULA and related topics (eg. NIS directive, GDPR, EU and international regulations etc)
/ Industry Panels
/ Critical Infrastructure Security
/ Applications of Cryptographic Techniques
/ Next Generation Exploit and Exploit Mitigation Techniques
/ NFC, WLAN, GPS, HAM Radio, Satellite, RFID and Bluetooth Security
/ Articles on specific topics related to:
- Security trends and patterns the researcher noticed and supports through strong arguments
- New and relevant infosec statistics and infographics
- Best practices and methodologies in cybersecurity and how they’re evolving to adapt to the new environment we operate in.
What changes, given the COVID-19 situation?
DefCamp 2022 will be a live event, hosted in Bucharest, Romania.
We are strong believers in having offsite meetings, where people can meet to network, create opportunities and have new friends for life.
We will nevertheless follow all announcements related to the COVID situation and adjust accordingly.
Below you can find the specifics:
- if the COVID-19 situation forces us to organize fully-remote, we will come back with news shortly but until then everything will go as planned – ONSITE.
- DefCamp is organized in Romania, Europe. We recommend you to stay in contact with us at all time and follow the official recommendations of your government