We strongly advise that you print this page and keep a copy for your records.
Once you have completed your registration, please read your Order Confirmation email to make sure that you have been registered for the correct class BEFORE the start of the conference.
If you find that you have been registered for the incorrect class, you must contact us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending).
All persons attending DefCamp must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc. are not granted access to any conference areas or events without a badge. If you wish for anyone to accompany you to any of the conference events including meals, reception, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees. Lost, misplaced, stolen, forgotten badges will incur a replacement fee equal to the current, on-site rate of your pass type. If your badge was complimentary, the fee will be the current, on-site rate.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Paid registrants who do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee.
- Registrants who must cancel may substitute another person by sending an email to the Contact Form.
- Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations. DefCamp does not accept liability for hotel or travel costs.
- If you cancel and re-register, your new registration will reflect the current pricing as of the date of your final registration. Earlier registration pricing will not be honored.
- If you register, have not paid, and do not cancel your registration, your registration may be automatically cancelled. If you do not respond to DefCamp attempts to contact you regarding the status of your payment, your registration will be cancelled. You will receive notification of your cancelled registration via email.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration in full, you are not eligible for a discount if your organization also submits and qualifies for a group registration at a later date.
- DefCamp reserves the right to cancel your duplicate or unpaid registrations without notice.
Letters of Invitation
If you require a Letter of Invitation to attend this event, please email the DefCamp registration team at [email protected] to request a letter. Letters of Invitation are usually only required by international attendees who must obtain a visa in order to attend the conference.
Letters of Invitation are only issued in the name of the registrant and will be emailed as a pdf to the registrant.
All persons attending DefCamp must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc. are not granted access to any conference areas or events without a badge. If you wish for anyone to accompany you to any of the conference events including meals, reception, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees.
Outstanding balances are due at the start of the conference. Admission to the Training and Briefings will not be allowed and registration credentials will not be issued until all fees have been paid in full. DefCamp reserves the right to cancel your training registration if we do not receive it before the event starts.
Wire Transfers: If you are paying by check or wire transfer, please note that payment in full needs to reach DefCamp no later than one week before the event or your training and briefings registration may be cancelled and the seat given to a paid registrant. You will be notified in the event of this happening. Please forward a copy of the SWIFT receipt and the Wire Transfer form once the funds have been sent.
DefCamp reserves the right to make changes in the conference programs, Trainings and speakers, or to cancel programs if enrollment criteria are not met, or when conditions beyond its control prevail. All conference sessions are filled on a first-come, first-seated basis. Arrive early to ensure a seat!
Promo codes are only applicable to registrations that are completed online. Only one promo code may be applied to an individual registration. Promo codes may not be combined. Promo codes must be applied at the time of registration. Promo codes may not be applied after registrations have been completed and paid.
Receipts are auto generated from the system once your registration is completed and paid in full. Receipts will be sent via email to the REGISTRANT’S primary email address.
Training Certificates of Completion
If you do not receive a Certificate of Training Completion, you must request your certificate no later than 48 hours after the end of the conference or you will not receive one. DefCamp does not replace lost, stolen or misplaced Certificates of Completion.
Training Class Cancellation By DefCamp
If DefCamp is forced to close a training class due to low enrollment, you have the following options:
Receive a full refund if you choose to cancel your training – you will not be assessed an administrative fee.
Move to another class if there is space in the class. You should complete the form that was sent to you via email and return it as directed on the form.
Please note that if the newly selected course is more expensive then you must pay the difference. If the newly selected course is less expensive, you will be given a refund for the difference in the original payment instrument.
You will not receive a refund for the entire conference should you choose to cancel your entire registration. You will only receive a refund for the cancelled class.
Training Class Change Request
If you wish to change classes, you must send an email before the event starts. You will be billed the difference in the class cost. All outstanding fees must be paid in full before the training.
If you are owed a refund for the difference of the class cost, you will be sent a refund via the same method of payment.
Class change requests will not be accepted after the training has started.
All trainers are paid per student registered for the class and it would be unfair to the trainers to change their expected enrollment once we have guaranteed them a certain number of students.
You are registered only for the training class you selected.
Please Email your request to: [email protected] Class space for the training is extremely limited so there is no guarantee that space will be available in the class you are requesting.
Training Class Reservations
All Training seats are reserved in order of payment received. The only way to hold a seat in a training course is to be paid in full at the time of your registration. DefCamp reserves the right to cancel your unpaid registration without notification in order to guarantee the seat to another delegate.
Submission Process & Requirements
- The original author(s) of a presentation must submit for the Call for Papers. Third parties such as PR firms or speaker representatives may not submit materials on behalf of a potential speaker or speaking team.
- DefCamp does not accept product or vendor-related pitches. If your presentation is a thinly veiled advertisement for a product or service your company is offering, please do not submit.
- Submissions that highlight new research, tools, vulnerabilities, etc. are strongly encouraged and will be given priority. Submissions that include White Papers will also be given priority.
- Speakers may submit more than one proposal but each proposal must be submitted via a separate submission form.
- Each submission must include detailed bibliographies acknowledging prior work in the space, distinguishing or highlighting how your presentation is different.
- Individuals submitting a proposal will receive a “Your submission for DefCamp 2015 has been received” email notification of receipt of the submission. After selections have been completed, submitters will receive an email confirmation of acceptance or rejection.
- Speakers will be contacted directly if Review Board members have any questions about a submission. If your talk is accepted, you can continue to modify it up until the presentation due date, at which time it is frozen for printed and other conference materials.
- If you have any questions regarding your submission, please email them to [email protected] DefCamp requests that submitters (and any members of a speaking team) to the Call for Papers do not contact Review Board members individually regarding a submission.
DefCamp requires that submitted work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that Speakers have obtained permission for its publication by DefCamp and will promptly supply wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.
If you are going to announce or demonstrate a new tool as the primary focus of your talk, that tool must be made available to conference attendees. All sources of information, software, etc. must be properly cited.
Attendees expect to receive a copy of your presentation, a White Paper supporting your work, RFC’s, and tools/code (if applicable). Presentations and White Papers should reference the tool(s), law(s), website(s), or publication(s) mentioned. A bibliography will greatly help attendees who wish to learn more about your subject, but are not sure where to start.
DefCamp expects Speakers to be available throughout the event to meet and talk with attendees. Attendees want to meet the Speakers and ask questions. Please advise conference management of time constraints when submitting your materials.
Speakers can assume that attendees already understand the basic concepts regarding your topic. For example, if you are talking about cryptography, assume that everyone knows the difference between public key vs. secret key algorithms. DefCamp is known as a technical security conference, and demands more detail from its Speakers.
- By submitting via the DefCamp Call for Papers system, Speakers understand and agree to the Official Terms as detailed in this section and subsequent sections of this document.
- By speaking at the DefCamp Briefings you are granting DefCamp permission to record, reproduce, distribute, advertise, and show your presentation including but not limited to http://def.camp, conference proceedings and materials, audio, video, printed and/or electronic ads, fliers, mailers, etc.
- Full conference passes are given only to those who actively participate as Speakers on accepted presentations. Additional Speakers must be listed as a part of the submitted Call for Papers application prior to the close of the CFP.
- Conference passes are non-transferable.
- Co-workers, PR representatives, press, spouses, friends, etc. must register and pay the appropriate fees.
- The DefCamp Review Board will have access to all submitted applications and materials.
- Review Board and Speaker Liaison access to submissions is provisioned under NDA with DefCamp.
- Reviews, acceptances and/or declines are conducted on a rolling basis.
- All correspondence and queries should be sent to [email protected]
- Prospective Speakers should not directly contact any DefCamp Review Board members regarding the status of submission(s) or feedback.
- DefCamp will provide one projector, one screen, one wired Ethernet connection and one wired microphone (if applicable) for the on-site presentation.
- Speakers are responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including laptops and machines for their presentation.
- If the presentation is deemed to be a work of plagiarism or a blatant vendor pitch, DefCamp may revoke the Speaker’s honorarium and the Speaker will not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- Part of speaking at DefCamp requires an understanding that our Speakers represent the brand and the InfoSec community. All participants must work together to provide value to their fellow attendees, Speakers, and corporate sponsors, as well as volunteers and staff at the show. Please act accordingly.
- DefCamp reserves the right to change scheduled speaking times as necessary. While every effort will be made to honor assigned times, Speakers may be called upon to present at any time during the conference.
- DefCamp reserves the right to rescind an accepted submission without reason.