Get ready to unravel the PCB enigma in “Memory Leak” at DefCamp 2023. In this thrilling activity, participants will face a myriad of challenges, spanning both hardware and software domains.
Join us for a hands-on adventure that tests your technical acumen and problem-solving skills. “Memory Leak” is your chance to prove your prowess in both hardware and software as you decode the secrets hidden within this enigmatic device.
Are you up for the challenge? Dive into “Memory Leak” and unlock the mysteries of this PCB at DefCamp 2023!
The event is organised by Electron Team.
You should be familiar with some programming language and electronics, and willing to learn new things. The competition is graded as a Beginner friendly activity and knowledge about hardware peripherals, electronics and hardware protocols could be an advantage.
Goal of the Competition
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves intercepting memory reads through I2C and gaining access to an elusive UART protocol. Navigate the complex landscape of this PCB to solve multiple problems, including writing to specific memory locations.
/ You don’t need your own hardware.
/ The challenges are hands-on.
/ If any of the participants/team needs to reset a device, please announce the on-site team.
/ In case of a dispute, the on-site team will have the final decision after hearing all the parties involved
/ Be original, but also don’t “inspire” other participants
/ The prizes will be awarded in the order of solving the challenge (first come, first served)
/ Disrespecting any of these rules as well as any offensive action taken against any other participants will result in disqualification;
/ This contest is individual
- 2 x EXPLIoT Practical IoT Protocol Hacking Course
- other swags from DefCamp
- You need to have an account on CyberEDU. Register here or login here.
- Authenticate in your account and click on this link (this is required only the first time). This will give you access to a private space called “DefCamp”. See the picture below.
- Go to section Compete as instructed. You should see all the active contests.
- Click on any contest of interest and make the Pre-Registration.
- Have fun!