Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Within the Thales group, the CDI (Critical Data Intelligence) segment develops a complete range of Big Data analysis solutions in response to the growing needs of the governmental authorities regarding the systems dedicated to administrative and judicial investigations, both in France and internationally.
As a result of the advantages that Thales has in the defense area, our objective is to strongly develop this segment and to create a European leader which will be able to compete with the biggest companies in the sector.
In the DevOps department, which groups together the R&D group and the customer operations of this segment, and in order to develop strongly this activity, the R&D Big Data developer will join an R&D Big Data team comprising about twenty persons currently being recruited, located at Vélizy (78), and will participate in an ambitious project in the Big Data domain, based on the most recent technologies in this domain.
The Big-Data developer will have the following main missions, without this list being exhaustive:
- Evaluate, define, implement, and support the Big-data development of a very ambitious project in this domain,
- Propose innovative solutions, and participate in their implementation,
- Assure the conformity with the defined architecture received from the architecture team,
- Tests the solution by Unit tests
- Monitors and reports on the progress of software development project, using appropriate quality assurance processes to ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures.
- Help other members of the team understand the big-data technologies,
- Interface with the other teams working on the project.
In a context of advanced technologies, the profile required must have:
- Over 6 years of experience in complex systems, including recent experience in the Big Data domain;
- Knowledge of several technologies of data science, and platform approach:
- Batch treatments, micro-batch, and streaming;
- Big Data technologies: ETL, Kafka, Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL, Neo4J, Spark, ElasticSearch;
- Data visualization technologies;
- Data fusion platforms;
- Knowledge of cloud technologies: VM, Containers, Kubernetes, micro-services, public and private Cloud;
- Implementation of AI treatments: Machine Learning, Tensorflow, NLP, image analysis, graph analysis;
- Good knowledge of English for documentary production;
- Entitled to confidential defense accreditation.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange „brings you closer to what matters to you”.
This is our brand promise: to bring our clients closer to what’s essential to them and to keep them always connected and in touch with the latest technologies, by offering them the best and safest communication experience.