In this position, you will get the chance to interact with the latest applications and threats on the Internet and use our next-generation traffic engine to simulate complex real-world traffic scenarios targeting infrastructure such as Web Application Firewalls, Next Generation Network Firewalls, Server Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, etc.
You will dive deep into the packets of client-server communications to understand how applications and protocols work.
Also, you will see the latest malicious activity that happens out in the wild, learn about different vulnerabilities, malware attacks, and how evasion techniques work.
From this position, you will witness new industry-leading products being born and will have the opportunity to contribute from the beginning. These experiences will enhance your skills and expertise on automation, application flow signatures (DPI), security assessment.
- Build/enhance automation test libraries to validate content (applications and security attacks).
- Create protocol compliant checks to analyze generated traffic captures.
- Deploying/integrating testing infrastructure with continuous integration tools.
- Use network analyzing tools (Wireshark, Fidler, tcpdump) to perform deep packet inspection.
- Elaborate testing strategy/plan and translate that strategy into test cases.
- Set up, configure, troubleshoot network equipment, and virtual software editions.
- Root cause isolation and description of the problem found.
- Highlight delays and bottlenecks and come up with mitigation plans.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of L4-7 network protocols.
- Automation testing and scripting experience (Bash, TCL, REST APIs). Python will be a plus.
- Strong QA skills (troubleshooting, bug isolation, and reporting).
- Linux knowledge (usage/configuring/troubleshooting).
- Experience with building/enhancing automation tools.
- Problem solving and analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with a drive to attain a combined success.
- Reliable and dependable team player.
- Experience using version control software.
- Experience with Agile software development processes and tools.
- Experience with continuous integration tools.
- Experience deploying/configuring network equipment (hardware or virtual).
Education and Experience
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of automation experience.
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange Romania is the leader of the local telecom market and part of the Orange Group, one of the largest global telecommunications operators, connecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. With over 11 million customers and an annual turnover exceeding 1.5 billion euros, Orange Romania connects 1 in 2 Romanians and offers an extensive range of communication solutions to its customers, both individual users and companies, from basic services up to complete voice services, fixed and mobile data, TV services or smart home services, but also mobile financial services. Orange is also a leader in innovation investing yearly over 200 million euros in network infrastructure and R&D initiatives in Romania. In the past 3 years Orange has launched two 5G Labs in Bucharest and Iasi, that aim to support researchers, startups and companies to test their 5G solutions in advance. In addition, Orange is a long-term supporter of the startup ecosystem through the Orange Fab accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of innovative products and their distribution locally and internationally.
Orange Services was created in 2013 and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Orange Group. As a technology services company, our DNA is in IT, but our teams also work in other domains including mobile networks and a number of commercial and business functions. Orange Services is one of the largest technology hubs in the Orange Group, working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of cutting edge know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of services: development and supervision of IT services in domains such as Big Data, Cloud, M2M, IoT, TV, Connected Objects; design and development of IT infrastructure and desktop solutions; testing & planning for mobile networks; implementation of supply chain solutions and also improvement of commercial & business performance including BI, CRM, Analytics, Digital learning and Customer Care. Visit us on LinkedIn.