Did you know that Hacking Village…
Is the right place to be if your plan is to play with the latest technologies and get involved in various hacking activities. Test your knowledge and skills (in fields like pentest, forensics, Social Engineering, WebSec, Reverse Engineering and other more) in order to solve challenges & win prizes and fame.
IOT Village is designed to have a practical approach towards device hacking allowing the participants to win the gadgets they actually hack into. There is a wide range of devices like routers, webcams etc. available to be played with during DefCamp. But beware! You will not be the only one trying …let’s see how you can handle the pressure! So, if you’d like to discover and test some devices in order to see how secure they are and what are the limits you can break, this is going to be a contest you don’t want to miss.
- Each participant/team that takes part in the contest will be given the means to connect to the network (via switch) but own laptop is needed. Each participant/team will then proceed to attack the devices announced in the contest using whatever tools or scripts they have at their disposal.
- If the method used has unforeseen results thus making the device unavailable to others, make sure you announce the on-site arbitrator. This is considered an accident and no action will be taken against the participant that used that method of attack.
- If any of the participants/team needs to take a closer look or needs a reset device, please announce the on-site arbitrator. No participant will be allowed to touch the devices at any given time. The only allowed way for the participants/teams to attack the devices is from the network side only.
- No more than two participants will be allowed at any given time to get close to the devices. Please note that if the any of the present rules are not followed as well as any disruptive and/or offensive actions towards any of the other participants/teams will not be tolerated and will result in the disqualification of the participant.
- If the participant finds a vulnerability on any of the devices, please announce it to the on-site arbitrator.
- If the participant exploits a vulnerability on any of the devices, please announce it to the on-site arbitrator.
- In case of a disputes, the on-site arbitrator will have the final decision after hearing all the parties involved in the dispute.
Hacking Village is proudly supported by Beyond Security. DefCamp it’s the most important conference on Hacking & Information Security in Central Eastern Europe, bringing hands-on talks about the latest research and practices from the INFOSEC field. Since 2011 is gathering under the same roof decision makers, security specialists, entrepreneurs and developers.
The main sponsor for DefCamp 2016 is Orange Romania who is also the Internet provider of the event. DefCamp is also supported by Bitdefender as Gold Sponsor, SecureWorks, Ixia, Enevo Group, Bit Sentinel as Silver Sponsors.