In this position, you will get the chance to identify, research, and implement known and new vulnerabilities in networking enabled products and developing live exploits for those vulnerabilities to be used in Ixia’s next-generation security testing product line.
- Identify and investigate new vulnerabilities in networking enabled devices and complex applications.
- Develop live exploits for discovered vulnerabilities, to be used in Ixia’s security testing product line.
- Perform targeted customer and industry research to assist in developing tools and test cases to validate the performance, security, and stability of cyberinfrastructure devices.
- Compose white papers about your research for publication.
- Contribute to our well-read blog about any technical topic of interest, including day-to-day work or outside interests, when possible
- Broad knowledge of networking protocols.
- Good programming skills in multiple languages (Python, C, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience working with a variety of network and server equipment.
- Strong domain knowledge in vulnerability research and exploit development.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Communicating and collaborating with others.
- Relevant experience in a security research position.
- At least one publicly available vulnerability discovery, exploit development, and/or open-source tool.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
Education and Experience
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of security research experience;
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange Romania is the leader of the local telecom market and part of the Orange Group, one of the largest global telecommunications operators, connecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. With over 11 million customers and an annual turnover exceeding 1.5 billion euros, Orange Romania connects 1 in 2 Romanians and offers an extensive range of communication solutions to its customers, both individual users and companies, from basic services up to complete voice services, fixed and mobile data, TV services or smart home services, but also mobile financial services. Orange is also a leader in innovation investing yearly over 200 million euros in network infrastructure and R&D initiatives in Romania. In the past 3 years Orange has launched two 5G Labs in Bucharest and Iasi, that aim to support researchers, startups and companies to test their 5G solutions in advance. In addition, Orange is a long-term supporter of the startup ecosystem through the Orange Fab accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of innovative products and their distribution locally and internationally.
Orange Services was created in 2013 and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Orange Group. As a technology services company, our DNA is in IT, but our teams also work in other domains including mobile networks and a number of commercial and business functions. Orange Services is one of the largest technology hubs in the Orange Group, working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of cutting edge know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of services: development and supervision of IT services in domains such as Big Data, Cloud, M2M, IoT, TV, Connected Objects; design and development of IT infrastructure and desktop solutions; testing & planning for mobile networks; implementation of supply chain solutions and also improvement of commercial & business performance including BI, CRM, Analytics, Digital learning and Customer Care. Visit us on LinkedIn.