Security Research Engineer – Exploit Development (DC-0012)
In this position, you will get the chance to identify, research, and implement known and new vulnerabilities in networking enabled products and developing live exploits for those vulnerabilities to be used in Ixia’s next-generation security testing product line.
- Identify and investigate new vulnerabilities in networking enabled devices and complex applications.
- Develop live exploits for discovered vulnerabilities, to be used in Ixia’s security testing product line.
- Perform targeted customer and industry research to assist in developing tools and test cases to validate the performance, security, and stability of cyberinfrastructure devices.
- Compose white papers about your research for publication.
- Contribute to our well-read blog about any technical topic of interest, including day-to-day work or outside interests, when possible
- Broad knowledge of networking protocols.
- Good programming skills in multiple languages (Python, C, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience working with a variety of network and server equipment.
- Strong domain knowledge in vulnerability research and exploit development.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Communicating and collaborating with others.
- Relevant experience in a security research position.
- At least one publicly available vulnerability discovery, exploit development, and/or open-source tool.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
Education and Experience
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of security research experience;
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
At Orange Business Services, we help our customers transform their industries, reimagine their services, create a positive impact and unleash the power of their data into an amazing and trusted resource.
With the dual expertise as a global operator coupled with the agility of an end-to-end integrator, Orange Business Services is a global network-native, digital services company. From connectivity, smart mobility services and the cloud to artificial intelligence (AI), analytics and cybersecurity, Orange Business Services helps businesses at every stage of their data management. Orange Business Services is represented in Romania by the business division of Orange Romania and helps large companies, SMEs and public authorities to transform their organizations through the use of technology and digital information.