The CrowdStrike Data Science Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical skills to analyse malware and detections. The team is focused on improving the detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon platform through employing Machine Learning algorithms to detect different types of attacks.
The Threat Researcher will support our continuous efforts in improving our Machine Learning algorithms, by reviewing their outputs and advising data scientists with security knowledge, so that we can provide high quality and high fidelity detections to our customers.
- Review our detections based on ML algorithms.
- Analyse files and behavioural activity to determine if they are legitimate or malicious.
- Reverse engineer, write code and help data scientists to better understand the data, in order to improve our Machine Learning algorithms.
- Research for blind spots in our ML based detections: file formats, new types of attacks and write blog posts.
- Develop tools to assist with automation of analysis tasks.
What we need:
- Sound understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research.
- General experience at least in a security operations center or similar environment tracking threat actors and responding to incidents.
- Fundamental understanding of attributes of binary files on multiple operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Good understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- A minimum knowledge of MacOS and Linux architectures and corresponding executables file structures.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Experience with malware analysis tools and reverse engineering (with IDA Pro, x64dbg).
- Knowledge of machine learning and labeling applied to malware classification.
- Familiarity with tools used in targeted and criminal intrusions.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
#LI – Remote
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
At Orange Business Services, we help our customers transform their industries, reimagine their services, create a positive impact and unleash the power of their data into an amazing and trusted resource.
With the dual expertise as a global operator coupled with the agility of an end-to-end integrator, Orange Business Services is a global network-native, digital services company. From connectivity, smart mobility services and the cloud to artificial intelligence (AI), analytics and cybersecurity, Orange Business Services helps businesses at every stage of their data management. Orange Business Services is represented in Romania by the business division of Orange Romania and helps large companies, SMEs and public authorities to transform their organizations through the use of technology and digital information.