In this position you will get the chance to identify, research and implementing well-known application and protocols on the Internet, thus enhancing the power of our next-generation traffic engine to simulate complex real-world traffic scenarios targeting infrastructure such as Web Application Firewall, Next Generation Network Firewall, Server Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, etc.
You will dive deep into the packet of client-server communications to understand how applications and protocols work.
You will witness new industry-leading products being born and have the opportunity to contribute from the beginning.
These experiences will enhance your skills and expertise in developing application protocols, reverse engineering techniques, and application flow signatures.
- You will incorporate RFC’s or other specifications on well-known protocols into the next generation products utilizing Python;
- For application protocols that are either proprietary or undocumented, you will set up an infrastructure to capture the traffic in order to understand the protocol, reverse engineer it, and incorporate it into the product.
- Identify and investigate application data in order to develop patterns (application signatures) that can detect and classify applications as part of proprietary discovery intelligence technologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good programming skills in Python.
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and OSI model;
- In-depth knowledge of protocol analyzers (e.g., Wireshark, Fiddler);
- Knowledge of application layer protocols;
- Creative problem-solving approach to projects;
- Communicating and collaborating with others;
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience;
- 1+ years of development experience;
- Network protocol development experience;
- Working knowledge of XML;
- Understanding of application data encoding and reverse engineering
- Experience with unit testing;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Experience with Continuous Integration;
- Experience with TDD;
- Experience with tools such as Vagrant, Docker, and/or LXC
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange Romania is the leader of the local telecom market and part of the Orange Group, one of the largest global telecommunications operators, connecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. With over 11 million customers and an annual turnover exceeding 1.5 billion euros, Orange Romania connects 1 in 2 Romanians and offers an extensive range of communication solutions to its customers, both individual users and companies, from basic services up to complete voice services, fixed and mobile data, TV services or smart home services, but also mobile financial services. Orange is also a leader in innovation investing yearly over 200 million euros in network infrastructure and R&D initiatives in Romania. In the past 3 years Orange has launched two 5G Labs in Bucharest and Iasi, that aim to support researchers, startups and companies to test their 5G solutions in advance. In addition, Orange is a long-term supporter of the startup ecosystem through the Orange Fab accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of innovative products and their distribution locally and internationally.
Orange Services was created in 2013 and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Orange Group. As a technology services company, our DNA is in IT, but our teams also work in other domains including mobile networks and a number of commercial and business functions. Orange Services is one of the largest technology hubs in the Orange Group, working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of cutting edge know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of services: development and supervision of IT services in domains such as Big Data, Cloud, M2M, IoT, TV, Connected Objects; design and development of IT infrastructure and desktop solutions; testing & planning for mobile networks; implementation of supply chain solutions and also improvement of commercial & business performance including BI, CRM, Analytics, Digital learning and Customer Care. Visit us on LinkedIn.