Booking.com’s Application Security team is seeking a passionate engineer who wants to protect the world’s largest travel platform against attacks to its application stack. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of all our customers.
The Application Security team maintains the signals, tools, and infrastructure that we use to secure Booking.com products and defines the secure coding practices for all our developers. As part of this team, you will be building advanced and novel detection mechanisms, developing systems to automate remediation, performing security indicator analysis and advise product teams on how to keep customers data safe.
- As an application security subject matter expert, you will provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies used at Booking.com
- Build and tune detection mechanisms and automated response tooling
- Improve Booking.com’s Software Development Lifecycle
- Conduct security assessments and code reviews
- Analyze, assess, and respond to application security threats
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of web security issues and/or mobile security issues
- Expertise in analysis of large data sets.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with emphasis on security integration and activities.(eg. SAST, DAST, Threat Modeling, security testing).
- Excellent communication abilities. Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong team player with a commitment to group success.
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
About Booking Holdings Romania:
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands.
As part of our Booking Holdings Romania team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the world’s leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.com.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance-oriented. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
At Orange Business Services, we help our customers transform their industries, reimagine their services, create a positive impact and unleash the power of their data into an amazing and trusted resource.
With the dual expertise as a global operator coupled with the agility of an end-to-end integrator, Orange Business Services is a global network-native, digital services company. From connectivity, smart mobility services and the cloud to artificial intelligence (AI), analytics and cybersecurity, Orange Business Services helps businesses at every stage of their data management. Orange Business Services is represented in Romania by the business division of Orange Romania and helps large companies, SMEs and public authorities to transform their organizations through the use of technology and digital information.