How would you like to work in IT, toying with cutting edge technologies and enjoying your life? At Orange Services, it’s possible!
As one of the largest IT Hub within Orange Group, we are working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of IT & Business Solutions.
Come closer to #LifeAtOrange!
The goal of this position is to perform research activities (scientific publications, patents, support for transfer, academic and industrial connections, communication), and influence the ecosystem with new knowledge, sources of innovation for the Orange Group, in the field of cybersecurity. This research theme is notably justified by the strategic nature for Orange of its field of application in cyber defense.
The research conducted sheds light on relevant developments and disruptions in the field of systems (OS, virtualization, hardware/software interface) and cybersecurity that could impact and/or create new opportunities for Orange.
- Design the technologies that drive tomorrow’s innovation for the Group in the field of infrastructure security and cyber defense/cybersecurity
- Maintain a scientific understanding of the state of the art in security at its highest level, with the goal of contributing to the development of relevant research pathways for Orange
- Conduct research in own technical area and publish results internally and within the scientific community
- Manage academic relations and follow-up for Orange Romania research department (manage PhD, External research contracts, collaborative projects contribution at Romania level)
- Protect and leverage the results of their recent work through patents and participate in standardization work in their field of study
- Develop mock-ups, prototypes that illustrate research results
- write internal research reports
- protect inventions by filing patents
- publish research and participate in national and international conferences
- supervise trainees, apprentices, and possibly PhD students
The ideal candidate will have:
- a PhD in computer science, with security contributions, a background in applied mathematics, IA technologies (ML, FL, RL…), digital processing of images and signals, genetic algorithms, cryptography protocols
- Knowledge and practice of programming (Java, Python, MATLAB, …)
- A practical experience as an IT developer (agile development, DevOps, etc.) would be a plus, the research team having a vocation to work in symbiosis with projects of anticipation and delivery
- The publication of several scientific papers (with Peer review) after the PhD
- Advanced and proven technical skills giving the ability to suggest new ideas or ways to solve identified problems, implement them and demonstrate their relevance through evaluation, in at least one of the following areas:
– digital identity and authentication
– differential privacy/anonymization techniques
– threat intelligence
– virtualization (hardware and OS)
– hardware architecture (x86, ARM)
– system security (knowledge of attack and defense principles: memory corruption, DKOM, ROP, etc.)
– binary analysis and compilation
– study and active contributions in open-source system projects such as Linux kernel, KVM, etc.
– knowledge of processor security, scale technologies
– deep knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of IT security schemes
– knowledge of malware
Here are more reasons to join our team!
- Performance Bonuses – based on your results & the company’s;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets – as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you – facilities for your family, too;
- #WFH & Flexible hours;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices; discounts for Orange products & services;
- Development Platforms – Orange Learning, Trainings, Career Counselling, Coaching & Career plan mentoring;
- Wellbeing Programs – we support your Zen;
Why work with us?
Orange Services is about bringing together people and technology.
Come & work for a #TopEmployer company. You could be part of an organization where great colleagues and team spirit support your professional development.
At Orange, you can.
We encourage all candidate profiles, regardless of gender, age, race, citizenship, ethnicity, color, language, religion, social origin, genetic traits, sexual orientation, permanent or temporary disability, nationality, political choice, social category or social origins, situation or family responsibility, belonging to a disadvantaged category, membership or trade union activity.
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange Romania is the leader of the local telecom market and part of the Orange Group, one of the largest global telecommunications operators, connecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. With over 11 million customers and an annual turnover exceeding 1.5 billion euros, Orange Romania connects 1 in 2 Romanians and offers an extensive range of communication solutions to its customers, both individual users and companies, from basic services up to complete voice services, fixed and mobile data, TV services or smart home services, but also mobile financial services. Orange is also a leader in innovation investing yearly over 200 million euros in network infrastructure and R&D initiatives in Romania. In the past 3 years Orange has launched two 5G Labs in Bucharest and Iasi, that aim to support researchers, startups and companies to test their 5G solutions in advance. In addition, Orange is a long-term supporter of the startup ecosystem through the Orange Fab accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of innovative products and their distribution locally and internationally.
Orange Services was created in 2013 and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Orange Group. As a technology services company, our DNA is in IT, but our teams also work in other domains including mobile networks and a number of commercial and business functions. Orange Services is one of the largest technology hubs in the Orange Group, working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of cutting edge know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of services: development and supervision of IT services in domains such as Big Data, Cloud, M2M, IoT, TV, Connected Objects; design and development of IT infrastructure and desktop solutions; testing & planning for mobile networks; implementation of supply chain solutions and also improvement of commercial & business performance including BI, CRM, Analytics, Digital learning and Customer Care. Visit us on LinkedIn.