Pentester by day and security researcher by night, Matei has spent the past sleepless years (since 2017) living by the motto that “Everything is vulnerable” and has tried to prove that to other people as well by finding and reporting +100 0-day vulnerabilities in softwares of well known vendors (e.g. Oracle, JetBrains, Cisco, VMWare, multiple Apache Projects and many more).
5.0 Shades of Java Exploitation
This presentation focuses on a pentester’s view on how to approach and exploit Java applications by presenting 5 interesting types of Java vulnerabilities that (usually) lead to Remote Code Execution, the tools that help us exploit them and real-life examples of the attacks in actions (CVEs with relevant Proof of Concept).
The 5 topics we will be discussing are:
- Java Debug Wire Protocol – If NMAP says JDWP, you say PWNED.
- Deserialization – There are as may ways to serve/insert serialized objects in Java as there are stars in the sky.
- LDAP – Yep, someone thought it would be a great idea to add complex Java objects and remote “javaCodebase” support to the good ol’ Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. What could go … wrong?
- RMI – How hard can it be to exploit a protocol that doesn’t even support authentication? Answer: Depends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- JMX – Can do everything RMI can + other cool features (e.g. authentication), but, with great features comes great exploitability.
We will also touch upon subjects as:
- Why “java.lang.Runtime” does not support pipes or special shell characters (e.g. “|”, “>”, etc.) and how to encode our commands
A quick peek on how to use tools such as ysoserial, RMG, mjet, and others
- Analyzing and understanding
- Deserialization error messages
Are you the next cyber security superstar?
Ready for this year's presentations?
By registering you will unlock access to 60+ speakers and two full days with cyber security news & showcases from worldwide leaders.
Sponsors & Partners
They help us make this conference possible.
Orange Romania is the leader of the local telecom market and part of the Orange Group, one of the largest global telecommunications operators, connecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. With over 11 million customers and an annual turnover exceeding 1.5 billion euros, Orange Romania connects 1 in 2 Romanians and offers an extensive range of communication solutions to its customers, both individual users and companies, from basic services up to complete voice services, fixed and mobile data, TV services or smart home services, but also mobile financial services. Orange is also a leader in innovation investing yearly over 200 million euros in network infrastructure and R&D initiatives in Romania. In the past 3 years Orange has launched two 5G Labs in Bucharest and Iasi, that aim to support researchers, startups and companies to test their 5G solutions in advance. In addition, Orange is a long-term supporter of the startup ecosystem through the Orange Fab accelerator program designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of innovative products and their distribution locally and internationally.
Orange Services was created in 2013 and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Orange Group. As a technology services company, our DNA is in IT, but our teams also work in other domains including mobile networks and a number of commercial and business functions. Orange Services is one of the largest technology hubs in the Orange Group, working internationally for both Orange corporate functions and country operations. Through a unique combination of cutting edge know-how and expertise, our teams provide a broad range of services: development and supervision of IT services in domains such as Big Data, Cloud, M2M, IoT, TV, Connected Objects; design and development of IT infrastructure and desktop solutions; testing & planning for mobile networks; implementation of supply chain solutions and also improvement of commercial & business performance including BI, CRM, Analytics, Digital learning and Customer Care. Visit us on LinkedIn.