DefCamp 2015 come to an end. More than 850 industry specialists, university & government representatives and students from 30+ countries joined at the event.
Overview & Pictures
In case you’ve missed DefCamp 2015 or some activities, we want to make sure it won’t happen next year. Take a look at the Official Overview of DefCamp #6 or discover your friends & collegues in the pictures from Album #1 or Album #2.
Slides, Recorded presentations
We’ve also published in the DefCamp 2015 Archives all the video presentations & slides so you can enjoy everything you’ve missed.
The event covered hot topics showcased by almost 30 internationally recognised speakers regarding the safety of citizens and also introduced discussion regarding infrastructures security, privacy & offensive security. Moreover, during the event the attendees had the chance to join to really challenging hands-on activities such as:
- DefCamp Capture the Flag (D-CTF) – at the Qualification Phase almost 1,000 teams from more than 80 countries joined and the best 15 teams from 10 countries joined at the final organised during DefCamp, ended with the D-CTF Final Awards, the finalists winning prizes of more than 3,000 USD
- App2Own Bug Bounty Contest powered by Orange Romania – a pre-event contest where anyone could join and discover vulnerabilities, while later on, reporting them in a responsible manner would have help the individual boost his score in the contest
- IoT Village powered by Bitdefender – a hacking place during DefCamp where you could involve into the discover of 0-day vulnerabilities in common IoT Devices
- Target John – a Treasure Hunt like contest for the attendees
- Hack the Bank – the attendees had the chance to hack an online e-payment gateway and later on “cash out” the money from a custom made ATM
- Wifi PWNED Board – a passive activity meant to raise awareness through attendees about the risks of accessing public Wifi hotspots without any protection
At the end, we really believe that DefCamp #6 was a great experience for local and foreign attendees and our organization is already preparing for the 7th edition expected to be even better, with more high quality presentation, more challenging activities and more surprises to be announced.
DefCamp 2015 was organized by the Cyber Security Research Center from Romania – CCSIR in partnership with Orange Romania, Bitdefender and Checkmarx, and support of Ixia, Safetech, Beyond Security, Dell SecureWorks, Dell SonicWALL and Cert Sign by UTI.